Instead of calculating the minimum payment amount required each period, the user determines what amount they would like to pay and how this will effect the total amount of interest owed and time saved.
- Interest rates remain the same for the term of the loan.
- One year is 52 weeks exactly, a month is 52/12 weeks and a fortnight is 26 weeks.
- Interest is calculated by compounding on the same frequency as the repayment stated, i.e. weekly, fortnightly or monthly.
- Repayments are made at the start of each period.
- Rounding is made at the end of the calculations and not at each payment period
- It does not take into account up-front fees and monthly/annual account fees.
- You can email your results to yourself and if you request, a copy of your results and contact information is sent to the web site owner.
- You can print your results for future reference.
- You should consult a finance professional before you make decisions based on this calculator.